Monday, January 29, 2007

what's been happening....

So....most people know that I was married last August to a man named Dave Roberts. He's amazing. However I had know idea that when I married him that he would eventually move me to the village of Gem. We moved here in winter last year, into a house although large was in desperate need of some TLC. We spent 2 1/2 months getting this house ready to be lived in before we moved here. Even when we moved in we had no water (which includes no toilet!) for about 2 weeks! Boy I sure learned to appreciate the value of modern day plumbing, after many nights of going outside in the middle of the night trying to balance between snow drifts!! But all turned out well. We have our toilet and our shower! Just a little while before we moved we got the news that we were expecting a baby. My heart stopped at the thought that it wouldn't be just Dave and I after only 1 month of marraige, but we prepared ourselves and started to look forward to the precious gift that was given to us. When I was about 16 weeks along an ultrasound showed that our baby was only 6 weeks. We had lost him. Disbelief was what I felt. I had jsut watched my sister go through a miscarraige and hated the thought that i was going to go through the same thing. A few days of mourning and Dave and I thought about looking at the brighter side of things. Now it would be just us two, and we could plan the next few years. Not so fast...... on January 9 (dave's birthday) we found out that I was 5 weeks along again. So, back to the questions of how we will make this work....how this could've happened? (well we're pretty sure we know how it happened!!) We are so much looking forward to this little one and praying that it will not turn out like the last pregnancy.
Basically we are very happy. We're living in the middle of nowhere, we both have amazing families, we don't have much money, the duct work in our house still is not done, and Dave has to deal with the very much up and down sides of a womans hormons, but we feel very blessed to be where we are, and can't wait to see what will happen next.....we'll let you know!

2 comments:

vicky said...

hokey dina you have been through so much mandy. when i was reading your post my jaw pretty much hit the floor. i want to say 'sorry' and congratulations all at the same time. wow. but so good to hear from you again. auntie #2 and soon to be mother. i'm doing well. just living and breathing in this big city. no complaining though God is still good.

Dana said...

Hi friend. I haven't emailed you back yet, but I am planning to. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you just about every day and I am ecstatic to hear about the healthy pregnancy. I am also astounded/very impressed by your fertility. HAHA. Love you. Hopefully talk to you soon. Oh! Put some wedding pictures on your blog so I can finally see them, ok?